Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Friday, December 12, 2008

Is it possible?

Is it possible to stop expecting good things to happen without becoming a pessimist?

6 comments:

  1. Isn't there a saying that says "Expect the worse, but hope for the best"? Then I should think so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh. The problem is that expecting the worst tends to make me a pessimist, which sucks at my hope and I don't want that to happen. Yet another area I need to find balance in, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't consider myself a "half-empty" kind of girl. However, I hardly EVER expect something good to happen. I've had SO many times in my life where I have (or even let myself hope too much) and then have been so disappointed instead. This way, if something good DOES happen then I can be pleasently surprised. :^)

    As Marilla so perfectly said, "I'd rather do without both flying and thud."

    Does that make me a pessimist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, expecting the worst takes the surprise out of it when it actually happens, and adds surprise everytime it doesn't, which is 99% of the time! Balance, schmalance -- I love you anyway, as do all your other fans. BTW, when I finally post it, check out the #100 blog, and look carefully at #82. Love ya, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we should always try to expect good things to happen (and people to be good & do good things). I hope, like you, to keep hope & positive thoughts in my life. When bad things do happen, yeah, it is a surprise & gut wrenching - but we learn from those experiences. Also, isn't it great that we can feel all these things so deeply - good things & bad things? Isn't that what life is about, experiencing it, not sheltering yourself from it?

    Just my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy...It's Deborah from school. Thanks for all your help there... as for your question... Someone once said, "Where your thoughts go, the energy flows, and that's what grows." I vote for looking for good things to happen... Of course there is always the recent lesson by Elder Wirthlin in General Conference... his quote...
    "Come what may and love it!" I suppose there is always a lesson in everything...forry for the long post... now you have my email and blog... love reading about your life! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete