Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yummy Twist on Shepherd's Pie

Shepherd's Pie is usually made with beef, green beans, and cream of mushroom soup covered with mashed potatoes and topped with cheese. This is one of Jason's favorites.

I like to take recipes that are tried and true in our family, then shake things up a bit. Tonight, I did this with shepherd's pie and loved it so much that I had to share!

Mix:
2 cups cubed ham
1 can cream broccoli soup
1 can cheddar soup
2 cups cooked broccoli

Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Top with enough mashed potatoes that the soup mixture is completely covered. I make 6 cups water to 3 cups instant potatoes. Then, top the potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and center is hot to touch.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I like my shepherd's pie with ground beef, green beans, carrots, onions, celery, and brown gravy, topped with potatoes, etc.

    ReplyDelete