Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Past Three Weeks

This photo is the quickest way to describe the past three weeks.  I'll have to blog about individual events as I'm ready to.  Some of what we've been through is sad and was very difficult, and I'm not sure when/if I'll blog about it.  Jason's little brother was killed in a motorcycle accident, and it's been an emotional experience for everyone who knew him.  Jason went to Fort Campbell for Frank's memorial service, then everyone came back to Salt Lake for the funeral and interment.  Since there were two services, there were ten days between the accident and the funeral.  It was a long time to be so engaged in such high emotions.  I coordinated the family luncheon, which fed 120-150 people, (I never actually counted.) and we needed help from wonderful Relief Society sisters in three different wards.  (We had so much food!  I've still got some in my freezer!) By the end of those ten days, everyone was exhausted. 

The funeral was on Tuesday, and the Youngs had a family reunion on Friday and Saturday.  I was in charge of coordinating this large event.  We don't have as large a family as the Wadsworths, but there were still 100 people to communicate with and plan food for.  So, the whole week was full of planning, food, family, visiting, laughter and sorrow. 

Then, on Sunday morning, we went out of town.  Jason has to ask for time off in November every year, and since we knew we were having the family reunion the second weekend in June, we decided to schedule a vacation for the following week.  With everything that happened, we debated on cancelling the vacation.  But, Jason's brother, Hyrum, told us to come and visit him in Seattle anyway.  So, we took the opportunity while it was there. 

We got home late Thursday night, and Russ left for Youth Conference this afternoon.  Plus, tomorrow is the first of a series of writing courses for Write for the Heights.  I've been looking forward to this class for months.  Our summer won't officially start until Monday. 

I promise more details, photos, and maybe even an insight or two.  Later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment