Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Monday, December 22, 2008

Days of Plenty

When Jason was in Little Women last year, I listened to that wonderful music for a few months and fell in love with a song that Marmee sings to Jo after Beth's death. The song encompasses the joys and sorrows of life, from the bitter death of Beth to the joys held in Jo's future. "She will be in your bounty, she will live as you carry on your life. So carry on, full of hope. She'll be there for all your days of plenty."

Jason and I attended a funeral today for a woman Jason went to high school with. I've always been a contemplative person, and events like this give me much to think about. Especially at this time of year.

I am living in days of plenty. I have a husband who loves me. All of my children are home right now, and they are all happy and healthy. We went caroling for family night, and spent time with a few of the elderly people in our ward. One of them reminded us that his wife died one year ago today, and our visit was important and comforting to him. Later on in the evening, we saw my visiting teaching companion's family also caroling at this brother's home. We are surrounded by good people who understand God's love because they feel it in their own lives and share it from their own hearts. My life is full and abundant and I am grateful.

So, thanks to all of you for my days of plenty!

May God bless you this Holiday Season! May He fill your hearts with love and joy as He has filled mine. May you all see with clear, open eyes, how incredibly blessed you are! Give a hug to someone you love. Tell them how much they mean to you. Tell them how glad you are to have them with you at this moment in your life.

Life is a gift!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment: