I can't believe it, but this is my 100th post! Because I talk about myself all the time, I'd like to list some of my favorite quotes/scriptures. (I would list 100 of these, but I don't want to type them all at once and you don't want to read them all at once. I'll split the post into four sections, 25 each.) I believe the thoughts we carry in our minds help to define us, so maybe you'll get to know me better while you read the wisdom I treasure.
1. John 14:27 Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
2. Pray, read your scriptures, and repent every day. -Brother David A. Christensen
3. 2 Nephi 4:28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
4. 2 Nephi 4:34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee and i will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh....
5. Moses 6:33 ...Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.
6. Laws control the lesser man...right conduct controls the greater one. -Mark Twain
7. 2 Nephi 10:23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves--to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.
8. 2 Nephi 26:8 But behold, the righteous what hearken unto the words of the prophets, and destroy them not, but look forward unto Christ with steadfastness for the signs which are given, notwithstanding all persecution--behold, they are they which shall not perish.
9. Jacob 2:18 But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God.
10. As if you could kill time without injuring eternity... -Henry David Thoreau
11. Mosiah 4:9-10 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.
12. Mosiah 4:14-15 And ye will not suffer your chilren that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye suffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and quarrel one with another, and serve the devil, who is the master of sin, or who is the evil spirit which hath been spoken of by our fathers, he being and enemy to all righteousness. But ye will teach them to walk in the ways fo truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another.
13. Mosiah 4:30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.
14. A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. -William Shakespeare
15. Alma 7:23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
16. Alma 41:14 Therefore...see that you are merciful unto your brethren; deal justly, judge righteously, and do good continually; and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward; yea, ye shall have mercy restored unto you again; ye shall have justice restored unto you again; ye shall have a righteous judgment restored unto you again; and ye shall have good rewarded unto you again.
17. A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
18. Read the Book of Mormon every day for the rest of your life and never skip. -Pres. Charles McQuinn
19. Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weaknes. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
20. It is curious that physical courage should be so common in he world and moral courage so rare. -Mark Twain
21. D&C 11:13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy.
22. D&C 84:88 And whoso receiveth you, there will I be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.
23. Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
24. Nothing can come of nothing. -William Shakespeare
25. D&C 122:7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
Thanks for the uplifting quotes, words of wisdom, and scriptures!
ReplyDeleteNo wonder we all treasure YOU for the wisdom you have (and now we know where you get it!!)
ReplyDeleteLove you, Amy!