Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dawns Day 6

Yesterday was a big day.  We tried to stress Jessi out as much as possible. She got up and we took off all of her stuff--all the electrodes, the IV, everything.  I showered her and scrubbed her hair, then combed all the excess glue (at least, as much as I could get) out of her hair.  Then, we walked around the hospital for a while.  After that, she had everything replaced.  Needless to say, it was not a boring morning.  She really didn't like having those electrodes taken out!  She cries when I comb her hair anyway, let alone when there are bits of glue stuck to her head!

After lunch, we introduced Jessi to the exercise bike.  Jason and I made her ride it for a half hour.  Maida came in the evening, and Jason and I both got to sleep in our bed!  It was one of those nights where my head hit the pillow, and before I knew it, my morning alarm was going off.  I took Russ to early morning seminary, then headed back up to the hospital.

Maida stayed with Jessi last night, and she worked her hard!  At one in the morning, Maida had Jessi on the exercise bike again!  Both of them were such troopers!  I got here just before 8, and we didn't let Jessi sleep for long.  So, she's sleep deprived, she's been having epileptic activity, and we're heading into another day with a resurgence of hope.  I will post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment