Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy 18th Anniversary!

Jason and I got married on August 30, 1990. That was eighteen years ago. We've almost been married for half of my life! It's hard to believe. Here are 18 memories from our wedding day, and 18 reasons why I love my sweetheart. Happy Anniversary, Honey!






This is from our scrapbook. Our wedding announcement and the pic that came with it.

















These are a few of my bridal pics. The one on the left sat on the table with the book for our guests to sign.


We were married in the Salt Lake Temple by Ned Winder. It was a wonderful experience! It was the best day of my life.



Our photographer was my cousin, Candice. She loved to tell us to pose, then kiss, then pose, then kiss. it began a long tradition of PDA. :)









This pic is a page in our scrapbook. Taken at the Salt Lake Temple doors.





This is a pic of our wedding party. The kids have all grown up and they have kids of their own. My uncles and one of my aunts have passed away. I've lost touch with my maid of honor. We all look older and rounder and wiser. Jason and I have stuck together through 18 years of laughter and tears, death, sickness, frustration, poverty, babies, giggles, successes. It's amazing how I look at this picture and so much of it comes back, and I feel a sense of calm. Like we can conquer the trials of our lives. I know the Lord has supported us and helped us even when we didn't deserve His help, and I know we are in a good place today. A better place than we've ever been.




We also took lots of pictures by the Church Office Building. The one on the far left is one of my favorites ever taken of Jason. Yowza!!!








Moses 4:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh.


We went to breakfast at the Wadsworth's after our ceremony and an hour or so of pictures. They served strawberry waffles and Wadsworth eggs. Then we went back to OUR appartment and got ready for the reception.



The pic on the right is our wedding line. From left to right, my parents, Jason's parents, Jason's best man, Rusty Scott, us, my maid of honor, Kristen Bohn, a friend of mine from college, and my sister, Jody. My dad is holding Kendra, our flower girl. Yeah, she's a sophomore in college now.












Just a little more PDA.


























Moses 3:18 And I, the Lord God, said unto mine Only Begotten, that it was not good that the man should be alone; wherefore, I will make an help meet for him.

1 Corinthians 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

1 Corinthians 7: 14, 16 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now they are holy. For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

I am so grateful for Jason! I'm so grateful that we can lift and help and strengthen each other throughout our trials. I'm so grateful for the joy he brings me! I'm so grateful to be married to him! And here's 18 reasons why!


1. Jason is really good at being strong when I am weak, and patient when I'm impatient. He rolls with the punches when I want to give up. He picks up my slack.
2. Jason makes me laugh. He always has.
3. He knows how to put the Atonement into practice, and he sets the example I need to show me how the gospel can change a person.
4. He has a strong testimony of the Prophet and the authority of the Church.
5. Jason has overcome many things in his life, and I know he can overcome whatever he sets his mind to.
6. Jason brought theater into our lives, and even though I went kicking and screaming, we've made our best friends in theater. And I'm grateful.
7. Jason is incredibly talented and a joy to watch.
8. Jason loves me even when I don't love myself very much.
9. Jason scolds me when I deserve it.
10. He's a fantastic dad, especially when he has a chance to play with the kids and when they need help with their math.
11. I couldn't ask for a better father for Jessica.
12. He gets emotional at movies. In fact, he likes "chick flicks" more than I do.
13. He likes my cooking. Well, most of it.
14. He's a tremendous example of forgiveness.
15. He doesn't give up.
16. He keeps a positive attitude.
17. He continually strives to improve himself, his life, his situation.
18. He is mine. And I am his.

I love you, Sweetheart! Happy Anniversary!

8 comments:

  1. Awwwwe! You two are adorable. Love the photos and the trip down memory lane! WOW! Glad to see you guys haven't changed a bit! Oh, and just something that caught my attention: Amy, dearest, you are always DESERVING of God's blessings. Please don't trick yourself into believing they aren't for you. That's what the adversary wants you to believe! I love you! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, wonderful blog! Thanks for sharing this blog with us. You guys are awesome! I love just watching you and your family. You seem to really have it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you two look so young it should have been illegal to get married! LOL! How fun to see the old pictures. I can't believe your kids are so grown-up already. Time certainly DOES fly by. Congratulations on 18 awesome years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat blog Amy! I especially loved the group shot at the temple. Love seeing some of those faces we don't see in this life any more ... I miss my dad, my uncles, and my aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 18 years and you haven't aged a day! Love will do that to you (I hope). Congratulations you, two! I am so thrilled to know and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 18 years and many more to come. It was fun to see the group picture and try to figure out who everyone is. I found Tim right away, we have almost been married for 11 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great post! Thanks for sharing! Love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got married almost exactly 10 years after you guys!

    What gorgeous wedding photos! The pda is awesome! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete