I am so grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost! I'm sure there have been countless times when I've been prompted and ignored it or not recognized it, so I have to express my gratitude when I recognize and follow them! I'm grateful the Lord doesn't give up on me in my stubbornness!
As some of you may know, we're trying another treatment for Jessica in the hopes that we will solve two of her problems at once. This hormone treatment has a downside--while we wait for her hormones to balance, her seizure medication isn't as effective. This means, of course, that her seizures could happen daily--it wouldn't be surprising. She had a seizure on Sunday, and another yesterday afternoon. We went to Ikea last night to get some things, and Jessi wanted to go, so we let her come even though she was quite pale. (She gets pale when she's about to have a seizure.)
We got to Ikea and Jason went to use the restroom. Jessi said she had to go too, and I was planning on waiting outside the restroom with Russell, but the Spirit told me to go with Jessi, just for safety's sake. I followed her into the restroom, and she went in the stall. I was waiting near the sinks, talking to her as I waited. Then, I was prompted to peek at her through the crack in the stall. She had a strange look on her face, and I knew she was about to seize. The door to the stall was locked.
You all know I'm not in the best shape of my life, but I threw my purse down and crawled under the stall door. I actually made it too! I got in and held her as she shook for almot two minutes--it was grand mal and violent. If I hadn't been with her, she would have fallen off the toilet and hit her head several times on metal and tile and porcelain. Also, if I hadn't gone in, she may have had the seizure, injured herself, and lay there for a few minutes before being discovered.
I am grateful for small miracles! I know they happen every day! I know Jessica is watched over, and I am grateful that the Lord can use me to help and protect one of His special spirits!
I share this in His name, Amen.
Amen! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story and precious testimony.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and inspiring story! Thanks for the uplift!
ReplyDeleteWow. Thank you for sharing that. There have been many times I've followed promptings that didn't seem to make sense, but that I'm glad I paid attention to. I still don't know what would have happened otherwise had I chosen to ignore most of them...and I'm glad I don't know.
ReplyDeleteI am always touched in my own life when I was prompted and actually acted on it but didn't recognize it until later! What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteI love that instead of complaining about how bad it was, you're expressing gratitude for the prompting to be there so it wasn't worse. *hugs* Poor Jessie. I hope this new treatment works our for her.
ReplyDeleteAs I told you at work, I don't know how you do it. You are such a great mom. You can just see how awesome you are with Jessica! I hope they figure out this with her and her seizures.
ReplyDelete