Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Update

I haven't blogged very much this month. I used to be so good!

I've spent most of my time lately doing laundry for the various theaters I rented from for Oklahoma. I've also been cleaning the piles of clutter and our laundry that have collected while I've spent time on Oklahoma. I'm also finishing up the quilt I started for Karrie Ann. For those of you who saw the show--the quilt I was working on on stage is going to be Karrie Ann's director's gift. Pretty cool, I think. I quilted until my fingers were so sore I couldn't stand it. I had plans to make a quilt for our choreographer and for our sweet Rachael too, but I'm going to have to take things one at a time.... Rachael might get hers around Christmas. Lacie might be able to take hers to college in the fall... (Bet you didn't even know about my plans, Rachael! Surprise!)

We're working on Seussical now. Jason did the promotional photos tonight. I don't think I've been part of a more organized show! This is Karla at her best! We've already turned in bios. The t-shirts will be ordered this week and they will be here by the 4th of July so we can wear them in the parade in Sandy to promote the show. Promotional photos tonight. The show doesn't open until August 14th. I so admire how organized it is! The fact that they had costumes for the promotional photos.... Amazing!

Here's a copy of one of the photos I took. Maizie, Horton, and Gertrude. (Sky, Jason, and Taylor.) Sean Buckley is doing the posters and working on the programs, so I'm sure he'll work his magic and make his photos look infinitely better than the few that I took. He's amazing too. I think Jason's costume is going to change quite a bit too. The costumer wasn't satisfied with this jumpsuit even though it's the third one she's ordered and tried on him.... Did I mention that we don't open until August 14th? And it's June 18th? I'm stunned.

Let's see... I'm also in the middle of critiquing a novel for Covenant. Even when it's summer and my kids are bored, I don't seem to run out of things to do. I never run out of things to do.

We're taking a little vacation soon. Going to a national park in southern Utah, then heading down to Vegas. Not usually my favorite destination, but the rooms at Circus Circus are going for $27/night. We're getting two rooms for two nights and spending as much as we've spent on one room for one night in other hotels. We figure they must be desperate for tourists. We're hoping the buffets are just as price-cut! We'll probably spend most of our time swimming and doing everything free that we can find in the city of lights. I'm sure we'll fit in a roller coaster or two. So, looking forward to the break and the constant companionship of my fantastic husband and kids!

I hope life is finding all of you well, my friends. God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Surprise! Yay! I love surprises. I can't believe you are doing all that quilting. I bet Karrie Ann will LOVE it. (And Rachael and Lacie, too).

    We are going to Vegas for one day on our way to Arizona. When are you going? We'll be there on the night of July 3rd. I looked at Circus Circus, but the rooms were still full price when I looked. My brother works for Marriott, though, so we still got a huge discount on our hotel.

    I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just reading about all your adventures... Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, you are so super busy. I don't know how you do it all. You may need to go back to work, just to get a break from your summer. :)

    ReplyDelete