Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wow! an update on the last couple of weeks.

It's been an extremely full month! And this month will be full too! I feel very blessed and grateful for everything that's been going on in our lives lately. Lots of fun, lots of love, lots of business, and poignant moments. Here's a summary:

Work: Our media assistant quit her job and moved on to full time work. When I started at the school, I wanted the media job--it was more up my alley. I love fiction, and knew I would have a great time reading aloud to the kids. I knew I could catch on to their computer system quickly. The ironic thing about it was that the woman moving into the media center didn't want to leave her job in the computer lab--which is the job I got. The job in the media center pays more, and she needed more money. I somehow got the job in the lab even though I didn't know much about computers and hadn't worked on a Mac since I was in high school. So, things were the way they were. Two years later, I have come to love my job in the computer lab! I've learned a lot and done my best to help the teachers use the lab more effectively. I've loved the flexibility and the fact that I can bring Jessi to work when I need to. People say I've done a good job with it. Anyway, last week, I took the job in the media center. So, next year I'll be changing jobs. I'll really miss my job in the computer lab! There may be parts of it that I will refuse to let go of completely.... (Like my blog, which I love!) It was a nice experience to change jobs because not only was I able to pick up the remaining hours for the media assistant who just left, but several people expressed their gratitude for what I've done the past two years. It reminded me of how important it is to tell people how much you value them. I need to tell things like that to others more often!

Theater: We are neck deep in Oklahoma. That's why I haven't blogged for a while. I've been costuming the show and playing the part of Aunt Eller. I don't think I'll ever play a major part and costume a show at the same time again! It has been very stressful! Stressful, but fun. And though I feel good about the work I've done, I'm feeling more anxious for it to be done than I would have felt if it hadn't been so stressful. Come see the show! Eisenhower Jr. High, $5, 7:30. We open on the 10th (Wednesday!) and perform every night through the 15th (except Sunday.) I'm almost done with everything, and that's the only reason I'm able to blog right now! :)

We also had a great experience at Seussical call backs last week! Jason and I both felt great about the work we did! Susan, the choreographer, has worked with both of us before, and after my audition she told me she didn't know I could dance like that! :) It's a great compliment coming from her! I know I couldn't have had the stamina if I hadn't been doing all this dancing for Oklahoma. This week, Jason and I got the great news: I'll be playing Mrs. Mayor, and, Jason will be playing Horton! We're so excited! Maida, Russell, and Kira will all be in the chorus. I'm absolutely thrilled to do this show with my family!

Family: Maida graduated on Thursday. She looked absolutely beautiful! She joined me in Relief Society today. She felt pretty awkward about that. I think she'll be looking into a single's ward. She feels too young to sit with all the "old" ladies. That day, I cried when I saw her in her cap and gown. I held it together for the rest of the day, then cried at rehearsal (while thanking people for their help with costumes).

Jessi had another seizure the night of Maida's graduation. In the car on the way home from rehearsal. They don't seem to be coming as often as they were--only one once a week. For that, we are very grateful!

Tomorrow, I will be taking Kira to the plastic surgeon to talk about her lip. Hopefully, our insurance will cover the removal of her cyst. She's been complaining of some pain today, so it's definitely time to do something about it. I don't think it will go away by itself.

So, there's an update on our family and adventures! Lots of change, lots of new opportunities, lots of fun and stress and learning. Lots of life!

3 comments:

  1. Life is so busy! The picture of all of you at Maida's graduation is precious! Congrats on another life milestone. Have a nice summer. We are hoping to see all of you at the Oklahoma production. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear you on the "never again costuming and playing a role at the same time"! It's so stressful, and you have kids! I was a basketcase with just myself to worry about! ;)

    Congrats on the Seussical roles. I love that show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... so, silly me... I thought you would be doing BOTH jobs at school... now I'm really sad because you were always so great to help and to find and learn what you didn't already know! Media Center with it's myriads of books does suit the author though! What a perfect combination. As for all your acting... it makes me feel tired just reading about it. Good Luck, or rather, "break a leg" with all that fun summer stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete