It has truly been an amazing week! An amazing summer, really. It leaves me overflowing with thoughts and feelings! Here are some of them!
Amazing People: I have the honor and privilege of associating with so many amazing people! Doing Seussical has been a pleasure! I got to watch my amazing husband play a lead role, and do so with a sweetness and sincerity that came directly from his heart. He created the emotional arc of the play with the way he portrayed Horton. "I meant what I said. And I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent. This time I swear I'll do better than try. I'll protect you from harm. Yes, I'll do it or die." I watched him from the wings as he sang these words, and I knew he felt them. He is so much like Horton in this scene. And I am grateful for my amazing husband who does better than try.
I've had amazing people help care for Jessica so that Jason and I could play. Countless people--and sometimes people I didn't even know--who watched her, protected her, made sure she was safe. Especially Christina and Karen, Megan, Stephanie, Candace, and my own Maida. People in the cast and crew who embraced Jessi and went out of their way to make her smile! People who will always have a place in my heart through their small acts of kindness.
I know amazing people who have taken difficult steps to make their lives better. Amazing people who forgive. Amazing people with courage and faith and determination. People who set goals and don't give up, even if they get derailed a bit now and then.
Much gratitude to all you amazing people who enrich my life just by being who you are!
Amazing Experiences: Performing Seussical each night was wonderful. Even getting hair and make up done before the show was great! Last night, I had one of those moments when I was watching these new friends of mine get ready. Knowing it would be the last time I would have that experience with those people, I soaked it all in. Tried to commit the scene to memory. I mentioned to Shauna, our make-up artist, I just want to soak in every single moment. She stopped and hugged me. :)
Being "married" to Drew was amazing too! He kept each rehearsal and performance fun and interesting. He liked inserting his name into every piece of dialogue and song that he could. During Solla Sollew, we "read" a note from JoJo on which was mysteriously written "Howdy, Drewsical!" I loved crooning into the backstage microphone with him during hunches! Taylor would come backstage and watch us, shaking her head at our oddity. :)
The most amazing experiences I've had this week have been in the temple. On Monday, I volunteered to clean the Salt Lake Temple with other members of my stake. A temple electrician needed a couple of helpers, and since our Stake Relief Society President and I were at the front of the line, he chose us. The two of us went to the 4th floor of the temple to help the electrician mark a grid for the fuses on that floor. We were able to see dressing rooms for the general authorities, each with their name on a locker. We saw the Presidency Council Room and the Twelve Council Room--both of which are used during their Thursday meetings and when they prepare for General Conference. When we were done setting the grid, the electrician took us to the 5th floor and we were able to see the Assembly Room. It is designed much like the Kirtland Temple, and the room is only used three times a year. Twice before each General Conference, and once for a Christmas Devotional for temple workers. There is such a sense of peace in the temple. Being able to walk where such great men work and pray in our behalf, where the keys of the Priesthood are used at such a level, where undoubtedly the Lord has walked and talked with His servants--it was such a great privilege that I will never forget. I left with a stronger testimony that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God. His words to us are loving council from our Savior, and our obedience will bring us joy. Our disobedience will bring us misery. It is as simple and true as that.
On Wednesday, Jason had the day off and the two of us were able to take Russell to the temple to do baptisms for an uncle and aunt of mine who have passed away. Jason baptised me for my Aunt Ruth, and he baptised Russell for my Uncle Mel. This is the first time I have done work for my family members. It gave the whole experience added depth and made me want to work harder on those geneology lines where we have hit "brick walls." I love the sense of eternity I felt there, and the sense that families are forever and we will care for and build each other, link by link, throughout the eternities. It gave me such a sense of peace and connectedness.
This afternoon, we will attend a transmission of the temple dedication. My whole family will be able to go. I hope that my children will feel how wonderful temples are! I hope their hearts will be touched and their testimonies quickened! I hope that our family will grow closer through this experience!
Amazing Gratitude: I love feeling gratitude! I love feeling that the things we go through in life will teach us and help us to improve. I love feeling purpose and the sense that I am useful and important, and the things that I do each day are not just random movements from one task to another, but as my life brushes against someone else's, we leave each other with a little something that will help us, one way or another, to improve. I love feeling positive and hopefu! And I know that this feeling comes from God. I know that He loves and supports me. I feel it throughout my body and mind. I pray that as I brush against the lives of those I meet, that I will give them what the Lord wants me to give!
*sigh* I feel so great right now! Yeah. Life is good. In fact, it's amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment