Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Friday, June 11, 2010

Our first week of summer.

Wow, it's been a busy week!

A week ago, we left for a family reunion at Bear Lake.  This get together was with my side of the family, and there are lots of people!  Most of them are avid campers.  Jason and I are not... Luckily, we usually get a cabin or something where all the family can stay.  Of course, this means that Jason and I claimed a corner of a grand room, and we slept on the floor.  *I am too old to sleep on the floor.*

The lake was ice cold, but we waded in anyway.  Kira swam, but she was the only one gutsy enough to go underwater and stay there for longer than a millisecond.  She got Jessi to go under too.  I got in ankle deep, then spent a bunch of time playing in the sand and looking for shells.

On Saturday, Russell, Kira, and I went to a cave in Idaho while Jason and Jessica stayed at the lodge.  I've always loved this kind of stuff, and I had a great time.  Kira said she didn't like how dark it was, and Russell didn't like the cold.  We saw a bat!  I was geeking out!

Saturday night, the many Priesthood holders in my family gave Jessica a blessing.  With all the problems she's had with her seizures, and all the questions we have about her future, I really felt like she needed the added help.  It was quite the experience to see so many worthy men stand in a circle around my Jessi.  Jason gave her a beautiful blessing!  It was amazing!  Thanks, family!

Sunday, we came home and rested for a while, then packed Jessica for Camp Kostopolus.

Monday morning, we checked Jessi in at Camp K.  It's the first time she's gone to this camp.  She's been to young women's camp every year for the past three years, but this was different.  This is a big, active camp for kids with disabilities.  All of the campers--35 in all--were teenagers with mental disabilities.  Two of the girls in Jessi's group just graduated high school with her.  They went swimming and fishing and Jessi even climbed a rope wall--45 feet into the air!  It was a great opportunity, and she did a great job!  She didn't have a seizure the whole week!  It was very quiet here, and I missed her very much!  But I'm so glad she got the opportunity!  Thanks, Aunt Wendy, for paying her tuition!

After we dropped Jessi off, we dropped Russ off at Especially for Youth at the Sandy Institute.  It was his first year at EFY, as he turned 14 last November.  (Yes, that means he'll be getting his learners permit this November...)  He spent the nights at home, so I've dropped him off each morning at 9, and picked him up each evening at 9.  It's been fun to hear him talk about the wonderful spiritual experiences he's been having.  He's also been flirting with lots of pretty girls....  He is his father's son, after all...

Last year, Jason asked for the first two weeks in June off so that he would definitely be available for Jessi's graduation.  So, he's been home from work all week!  Except for Wednesday, when he agreed to work some overtime.  So, Jason, Kira, and I have had a lot of quality time together.  We saw Shrek 4ever, spent some time at the city library, took a tour at the Beehive House (Kira has been fascinated with Brigham Young lately), and ate at the new City Creek food court.  (Though, I wasn't overly impressed with it...)  Today, we picked up Jessi, then went to the zoo.  Jason and Kira have had rehearsals every night this week, so I've had some time alone.  I've really enjoyed the quiet moments!  I also went to their rehearsal one night, and they put me to work on some props.  :)  I still haven't been able to see the whole show, though, and it looks like my first time to see the whole show will be when I see it next week!

So, our first week of summer was infinitely busy, and tons of fun!  And if you're still reading this, you must be really bored.  :)  Thanks for spending your time with my blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment