Steph tagged me. I feel like writing, so I guess I'm it.
Here are 6 "quirky" things about myself. I'll tag 6 people when I'm done. Why 6 is the lucky number, I'm not sure.
1. After reading Steph's 6 things, I was reminded of something strange about me--I have dreamed on three separate occasions that I was shot to death. These three dreams had different settings. One was in a movie theater (this was one of the most vivid dreams I've ever had, and it scared me so horribly I couldn't go back to sleep and was terrified of movie theaters for a while.) One was at a party. (I was pregnant with Maida. Never forgot that dream either.) And the most recent was in an alleyway in a suburb. (Think the alleyway in King of the Hill.)
2. I rub my feet together while I fall asleep. Ask Jason, it's true.
3. I love to eat zucchini bread in a bowl with milk poured over it. (learned it from my dad.)
4. I grew up in a house that was heated by coal. (That's rare for people my age cause I'm not as old as you think...)
5. That house we lived in when I was little was great for an imaginative, young writer. We had squirrels living in the walls--between the drywall sheets. I saw my mom kill a bat with a shovel (or, at least dispose of it with a shovel, I can't remember specifics). I watched my brother and my dad pull porcupine quills out of our Saint Bernard's nose (made me sick to my stomach). My pet kitten was eaten by a skunk. And I helped harvest cherries every summer and ate them until I was sick. Oh, and my dad vacuumed the tail of a squirrel that got into our house and kept the vacuum on, then turned it off when he had the critter outside. The squirrel walked around like it was drunk for a while. We laughed at that for years.
6. I took a long time to learn to drive and I'm still not terribly comfortable behind the wheel. I ran over my brother's foot when I was young (I think I was eight or so.) My brother asked me to keep the clutch in while he did something, and I got stiff and couldn't hold it anymore. When I let go, the engine died and the car lurched forward and stopped on top of his foot. I also hit a parked car while I had my learners permit. And I almost hit a tree once. I need to stay away from that pole opposite Stephanie's driveway, I guess. ;)
I would like to tag Stephanie (dancer Steph, as she's called around our house). Megan. Maida. My niece, Emily. Laren. Mandee.
How fun! You've lead quite an adventure-filled life!
ReplyDeleteYou're so cute!! I love you - thanks for the tag. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually! I love you, Amy!
ReplyDeleteCool fun facts about you!
ReplyDeleteI rub my feet together as I fall asleep too. I never thought twice about it until I saw it in writing here.