Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The problem with necklaces.

Something scary happened last night that I'm still shaky over. Jessica had three seizures yesterday. All of them grand mal. The third happened in her room while she was getting ready for bed. Thankfully, Kira was there and she yelled for us to come. As Jessi fell to the ground, one of her necklaces got caught on her bedpost, so she was hanging by it as she was seizing. Jason got to her first and yelled for me to help. I couldn't take the necklace off of her. Jason had a pocket knife on his keys. He pulled his keys out and I couldn't get the knife to open. I yelled for Kira to go get the scissors, and Jason worked on opening the knife. When the knife was open, he was yelling at me to cut the necklace with the knife on the side closest to the bedpost. I was afraid of cutting her and couldn't get a good angle and wasn't comfortable with the knife. Kira got there with the scissors and I cut the necklace (luckily, it was a leather one). Jessi fell the rest of the way to the ground and finished her seizure. As she came out of it, she cried. She had two red, welted lines across her neck.

I go through the what-ifs in my mind, and I just want to cry. Cry because we're blessed that the worst didn't happen. Cry because we're in this situation in the first place. Cry because I don't know if the decisions I'm making about her care are correct. Cry because I don't know if she's seeing the right doctors. Cry. And I did, for a long time. Cried hard.

I let her stay home from school today. She still has a faint mark from last night. She's tearful and tired. And so am I.

8 comments:

  1. Amy... you are an inspiration to all of us! And it's sooooooo okay to cry... I would too! And have done over less! God bless you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm sooo glad she's safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girl. And her Mama. My thoughts and prayers are with you, friend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Amy. Oh wow. That almost makes me cry, too. I'm glad she's safe! You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, Amy! I am so sorry that she had such a scary experience! Thank goodness for such attentive and loving family. Please give her a gentle hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so scary. I'm so glad everything is okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear everyone is okay. How scary...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, everyone for your love and support! I really am grateful for my family, and I hope I don't whine too much. Thanks for understanding when I do! Much love to you all!

    ReplyDelete