Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!
The insurance denied our request to stay another day, so we were sent home last night at 11:00. It only took a few minutes to convince Jessi that it was time to go, and she was helping us take off her hat, the electrodes, and she gathered up some of our stuff to take to the car. We were concerned that she would have a seizure as soon as we got home--mostly because that would be Murphy's Law at work--but she didn't. She slept soundly in her own bed.
We had the day off today, and we napped for most of it! Jessi is back up to full dose on her medications. She didn't have a seizure today, either, and she seems very happy to be home.
I was amazed today to see how much our neighbors have done for us! We have lots of tomatoes, peaches, raspberries, bread, and various yummy leftovers. So many cookies! And apple pie. Cupcakes. I just can't believe how much stuff people gave my family while Jessi was gone! The Young Women in our ward decorated our front door with hearts saying "We love you, Jessi!" and we got several get well cards. I'm just grateful and amazed! Thanks so much, everyone, for everything! We love you! And we're glad to be home!
I have to call the doc on Monday and make a follow-up appointment where we can discuss the results of the test. We may have to wait a month or more so he has time to look over the days and days of data! One of the neurologists did tell me that it looked like Jessi had epileptic activity in both hemispheres of her brain. Unless the remainder of the data indicates something else, it is not likely that brain surgery would work for Jessi. That is disappointing in that it would be nice if we could cure the epilepsy. It is a relief in that I won't have to be planning on my daughter's skull getting cut open and someone digging around in her brain! I'm sure they will have more information for me at the appointment, so none of what was indicated is by any means set in stone. We will still be looking for some solution to her epilepsy other than medication.
Thanks again for everything! We love you!
It was good to see you and Jessi a the office today. You look a little less stressed for the moment. I'm glad. :)
ReplyDelete