I got a phone call today from someone asking to speak with Jessica. I said that she couldn't speak with him, but I was her legal guardian and could I help. He said I should fax him a copy of my guardianship papers, then he would call me back and talk to me, but it was illegal for him to discuss this personal business with anyone but Jessica. I said she doesn't have personal business and why should I make myself vulnerable by sending him legal documents and asked what company he was from. He said it would be illegal for him to tell me.
Fishy much? There is an online service that looks up a phone number and tells you who that number is assigned to. Like a reverse phone book. Has anyone ever used a service like this? I want to know who he was. I redial him and get voice mail for "Max." Grr!
If he knows anything about Jessica, he should know that anything goes through her legal guardian. Use the reverse look-up. And it certainly isn't illegal for him to tell what organization he represents. If it's not a school, he can't cite FERPA.
ReplyDeleteInteresting and doesn't sound at all legit. Whitepages.com has a reverse number look-up and I've used it many times. It may or may not tell you though, depending on if it's an unlisted number. Worth a shot though. Good luck.
ReplyDelete