Last year, I tried to own the domain amymaidawadsworth.com thing. Not sure I want to spend the money right now. If I ever publish and can afford it, I'll hire someone to keep up my website. :) I realize that by not blogging, I didn't keep track of the wonderful friends on my blog list. Of course, a lot of those friends haven't blogged in the past year either....
It's been a busy year, even though I stopped working at the school. I've been writing (and revising) a lot. I've also been working as a writing coach for Eshler Editing. That's been a lot of fun! Sometimes I think I'm a better writing coach than I am a writer. Writing is hard. Especially when your hopes reach to the best seller lists. I really want to go national this time. I want an agent and a 3 book deal. I want the whole enchilada. So, I want to write a book that has everything--excitement, romance, danger, intrigue,secrets, lies, bravery. Plus, it has to be timely and unique. That's no easy task. I absolutely loved "Hunger Games", and I couldn't help but be influenced by it. But I don't want to write a "Hunger Games" knock off. I love science fiction, so I'm leaning toward writing that instead of dystopia. But, the book I started was dystopian. So, how do I change that and keep the characters I've become so attached to? Then, of course, there's the side of me that just wants to write what I love, and if it sells, it sells. Always an adventure.
This Saturday, I'll be speaking at the Whitmore Library with a panel of writers from various disciplines. I'll be speaking about editorial--how important it is to be able to revise, and how important that relationship with your editor is. I'm still working on that presentation. The program starts at 10:30 and ends at 2, so come see that if you're interested. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone! Still not sure exactly what I'm going to present....
Anyway, just wanted the few who are still following my blog that I'm back. I'll be going to school in the fall--I register for classes today--so I'm sure I'll be blogging about the adventures of a 41 year old, chubby woman at the U. That should be an adventure too.
You go get em' girl! You can do it :)
ReplyDelete