Wasn't conference wonderful yesterday! I can't wait to hear today's talks! I love the message of peace and hope! The world may be troubled, but the Kingdom is growing, its people are at peace, and I believe if we are doing our best to obey the counsel of our leaders, we will be safe and we will weather any storm. I loved Elder Holland's talk about angels, mortal and immortal. I loved Elder Wirthlin's talk about "Come what may, and love it!" (Notice his mention of his autistic grandson and his unique way of playing baseball! Loved that!) The talks about prayer and how it should bookend our days.
Russell went to the Priesthood meeting with my dad last night because Jason had his opening night. Russell learned about the importance of keeping his covenants and not getting involved in things that will harm his spirit.
I tell you, these men have true leadership qualities. They live what they preach. They experience sorrow and joy and they try to improve their lives, then teach what they have learned. I'm always interested in the juxtaposition between General Conference in October and political voting in November. Such an odd contrast that should make it obvious what type of people we should choose to lead us...
I went to Jason's opening night and was blown away! I've been to a couple of rehearsals of this show, but that lovely performance energy was present, and the show was absolutely amazing! I laughed, I cried, I jumped, I got chills. Jason did such a fantastic job and brought so much emotion to so many key points in the story! He's such a joy to watch! Danny (Jekyll) was seriously creepy last night! I love the symbolic power of this show, and it was handled very beautifully and tastefully.
The wonderful icing on the cake was Maida calling me after the show. She got FIRST PLACE in the monologue competition in Cedar City! She won a scholarship to SUU! We've been encouraging her to go somewhere away from home for at least a semester, and now it looks like she'll have the opportunity! We're so proud of her! Hopefully now, we can get her a car and everything else she needs to strike out on her own. It's really hitting me that adulthood is around the corner for her. Crazy! She's such a good person, and I've been very impressed at her ability to stretch beyond her comfort zone! Amazing young woman!
Conference starts in less than an hour! Yay!
WOW! Congrats to Maida, and yay for Jason, and oh how I love you, Amy dear! Thanks for your great words, as usual, and your breath of fresh air. I too loved conference - it was incredible and the talk on angels was just what I needed to hear. Love you, Amy!
ReplyDelete