Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Hopeful Message

Yeah, I'm disappointed that McCain didn't pull off the miracle. But I believe, with all my heart, that the Lord supports this country. Now, I pray for Barack Obama. And I am pleased to do so.

Yesterday, our school was a polling location, and we had voters coming in and out of the school all day. I put together a bulletin board about the voting process, explaining everything from caucuses to the Electoral College. It was pretty cool.

Today, I put together a project that the teachers can have their students do as well if they'd like. I compiled a one page biography on Barack Obama. I got most of my information from wikipedia, including some pictures, and I hung it on the bulletin board next to a "Congratulations, President Elect" poster. This is an educated, polished man. He is likely to impress many people throughout the world, and if he surrounds himself with people of integrity, he can accomplish much good.

At conference in October, one of the messages that was shared over and over was the need for unity. I think that message was prophetic. (Imagine that.) We need to unite and try to fix our problems in as non-partisan a way as possible. I've said it before and I'll say it again--everyone in this nation has the same goals, we just have different ideas of how to accomplish them.

Anyway, I just wanted to express my hope for the future. We may be headed for hard times, and that wouldn't have changed if McCain had been elected. I wish President Obama great success at unifying our nation, protecting our nation, and helping us to weather the economic trials we face. May we gain strength and understanding in the process!

God Bless America!

2 comments: