Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

I am happier than I've been in a long time.

My house has smelled fantastic for the last two days. Pumpkin pie, bread, turkey. I love Thanksgiving more than any other holiday, including Christmas. It's all about gratitude to God, and enjoying His many blessings. What holiday could be better than that?

We had a wonderful time last night with Megan, Stephanie, Kate and Brandon, our kids, and Maida's new boyfriend, Jon. Pie night was great! I've never seen so many pies in one place, and they all tasted so yummy! It was fun to have a mini Birdie reunion and talk about Oklahoma! Kate and Brandon still look like they're in love, which just tickles me! Stephanie was glowing! Megan was beautiful and sweet!

Jon came over to our house after pie night and we played games together. We've never hung out with any of Maida's boyfriends before, and we were with Jon from 3:30 till 10:30! If we hadn't been so tired, it would have been longer. He's a great guy! He was great with the kids, he was fun to be around, he has a quirky sense of humor. He fit right in, and it was awesome! He also makes Maida happy. I love seeing her happy!

Today is also Russell's birthday. He's 13. For his birthday, he wants to set up a Facebook account, so I'm sure he'll want some computer time today. *sigh* He's a sweet boy and I'm so glad he's my son!

I'm so grateful for my husband! He's such a wonderful man who teaches me so much. I'm grateful for the sacrifices he makes for our family. He works hard for us. He's even taking a break from theater for us, and I know that's not an easy thing for him. I hope being home with us more doesn't bore him to death, because I love having him here! I love the way he helps Kira with her homework, takes Russell to Blockbuster, and looks everything up on wikipedia while we're watching TV so we get the trivia pertaining to the show and the actors we are watching. I love that he watches scrubs with me and tricks out his ipod whenever he gets a chance.

I'm so grateful for my girls! Maida is becoming a wonderful young woman. Jessi is the cutest when she starts giggling for no apparent reason. Kira is such a ball of energy, she keeps me going.

My parents are awesome! They are the most giving, understanding people I know.

I am blessed beyond my ability to express! So, I'm blogging--making a feeble attempt at saying what I feel while the turkey bakes.

Yeah, life is good.

1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet!

    I really loved seeing you all, too! You looked so beautiful and happy: it was great!

    I hope that your Thanksgiving was full of love, fun, and family!

    ReplyDelete