Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Something Yummy

I know Stephanie has the best kitchen blog in the world, but I made something this weekend that was pretty good, even if I do say so myself. I think I would call it Black Forest Cheesecake Brownies. Yeah, the name's too long...

I got the idea from the 101 Things to do with a Cake Mix cookbook. The recipie for cream cheese bars with a little alteration.

mix together 1 chocolate cake mix with 1 egg and 1/3 cup oil. Set aside 1 cup of this and press the rest into a greased 9X13 pan. Cook at 350 for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix together 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1/3 c sugar, and 1 egg. Spread this carefully over the hot crust and top it with the remaining cake mix batter. Bake for another 15 minutes.

Allow it to cool, and top with a can of cherry pie filling. Serve chilled.

So, SO good! Probably one of my favorite things that I've made in a while, so i wanted to share!

Incidentally, I've really enjoyed that cookbook! It's great for giving you ideas of what you can do with a cake mix. Get it and experiment!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I will definitely try this one out. :)

    btw... thank you for the very kind compliment... I didn't think anyone actually read my cooking blog... it's just a fun thing to do with my cutie pie daughter. You are an excellent cook, and I adore you!

    ReplyDelete