Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Organizing and stuff

So, I began the great task of organizing my sewing room today. Didn't get terribly far, but I threw away a big garbage bag full of old software and manuscripts of my long-ago published novels. I also broke our old computer desk while trying to move it. Broke it like the bottom half came unattached from the top half. What can I say? It was cheap. I like having the job done, but hate doing the job. It's also frustrating that things never stay done around here.

I finished chapter 7 in my Warriors novel yesterday and started chapter 8 this morning. I like it, but I fear it doesn't have enough conflict. It's a very mental story--by that I mean there's a lot of thought and evaluating and spirituality going on in the characters. I don't know if that will really interest people or not. I do have a friend of mine critiquing it, but I haven't had time to read her critique of chapter one. I sort of want to finish the novel before I start reading the critiques. That's strange because I've never done a novel that way before. Usually, I write a chapter or two, then fine tune those chapters. This time, I just want to get the whole thing down then go from there. Maybe it's because I know exactly how I want it to end. That hasn't been the case in the other novels.

Anyway, I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment