Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Saturday, October 11, 2008

New Calling



So, I start my new calling tomorrow. I get to teach the Sunbeams! In our ward, we have three Sunbeams who come to church on a fairly regular basis. My first lesson is on being a good example. I think I should be able to do it, but it's been a while since I've taught three year olds. We'll see. At least the class is small. We can always just color! :) Here's a picture of the handout I made up. (using pics from the children's scriptures.) I'm planning on giving the kids a little pair of footprints they can walk along the path and we will talk about how they can follow the example that Jesus set, and set a good example for their friends and family. I hope it works. I'll let you know. I'm used to working with fourth, fifth, and sixth graders!

On the downside, I am probably going to miss Jason's gospel doctrine classes now. That makes me sad.

Have a good Sabbath tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I'm certain that they are going to love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sunbeams! I taught them for a while about 5 years ago. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I'm sure you're a fabulous Sunbeams teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! How did it go? My daughter is a Sunbeam so I'm a little partial to them, myself. I would LOVE to have you be her teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how cute!! Yay for you and the sunbeams!

    When I was just out of high school, I went on a random date with a friend of mine's... brother... and well, we visited with this friend of mine as part of our date. She had a 3 year old at the time, and little Sarah was asked if she'd sing for us while we were on our date at their home. So, little Sarah filled up those lungs, and over and over again sang "Jesus wants me for a SUN BEEP! A Sun BEEP! A Sun BEEP! It was so funny I still laugh about it today... just thought I'd share!! Love ya Amy!

    ReplyDelete