Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Monday, January 19, 2009

Thoughts for FHE


I got up early yesterday to throw dinner in the crock pot, and while I was prepping, I listened to Elder Bednar's talk on prayer. What a wonderful inspiration! We had FHE last night because Maida is working tonight, and we talked about this talk. I encouraged everyone to say a prayer and only express gratitude in that prayer. I've been thinking a lot about expressing gratitude. As a mother, I am often aware of the needs of my family without them having to tell me anything. It gets to be dinner time and I'm thinking about them and how they are probably hungry. The pile of laundry gets high and I think about how they probably need clean clothes to wear. I see my kids with a sad face and I figure they probably need a snuggle. I am happy to do these things without waiting for them to ask me. But when they say thank you, they totally make my day! Their gratitude makes me more aware of them and more likely to watch for their needs and bless them even when they don't ask for it. I'm sure it is much the same with our Heavenly Father.

So, here's my FHE challenge. Say a prayer in which you don't ask for a thing. Just say thank you. And read/listen to Elder Bednar's talk again! And if you want an activity, make one of these gratitude wordles and print it out to hang on your wall! Here's the link.

1 comment:

  1. I was listening to that session of Conference yesterday while getting ready for Church and after as well. I love having them on in the background on Sunday. His talk stood out to me again yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete