Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cake Boss

So, we've been watching this new show on TLC. Cake Boss is about a New York bakery. They show all the adventures in bakerydom. There was a time in my life when I thought it would be fun to run a bakery. After watching this show, I've decided it would be fun to work at one, but not own it. :)

I am amazed at how hard these guys work. They make gorgeous cakes, including edible flowers that look unbelievably real. I went through a cake making phase and took a few classes. I even made my sister-in-law's wedding cake years ago. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of pressure too. There is one episode where they work on one cake for four days and drop it down the stairs on the way to delivery. They have to use their whole staff to make the cake again!

I love this show! Check it out if you get a chance. It's on demand from Comcast. TLC!

2 comments:

  1. I admire you! I made thousands of little star splurps on a Mickey Mouse mold ONCE and that cured me FOREVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........caaaaakkkke

    ReplyDelete