Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

In His Hands

I'm convinced that I am in His hands. We are all in His hands.

At the end of the school year last spring, I had the opportunity to take a job in the library. I had a hard time deciding. It would make a financial difference, but I loved my job in the computer lab and I wasn't sure it was worth the small difference it would make. I was concerned about the change in my schedule. There were a lot of unknowns. Ultimately, I prayed about it and felt good about it so I took it.

All summer I had moments of doubt, wondering if I'd made the right choice. There are lots of things I miss about the computer lab.

We started the school year and a wonderful woman in my ward was hired to take over the computer lab. My concerns and my need to hold on to the lab melted away. I don't even think about it anymore until someone asks me a question. It's amazing how quickly it happened.

We went through the stuff with Kira's surgery, and she healed quickly. She's still healing quickly.

A couple of days before Kira's surgery, I found out that my partner in the library was going through a really difficult time--her husband was having complications with his cancer and they are going to have to do something drastic. She has been wondering if she will have to quit her job. Since we are part time, she doesn't have long term leave. If she wants to leave for longer than 15 work days, she has to quit. She doesn't want to quit. Today she came to work, trying to figure out a way to keep her job while she takes care of her family.

I am so grateful that I was prompted to take this job. I'm making a little more money, I'm enjoying my job, I'm not worried about the computer lab, all my concerns about the schedule have worked out, and I'm helping my co-worker. Because the schedule has worked out, I am flexible enough that I can help her. Hopefully my help will be enough for her to be able to keep her job.

It just hit me today that the Lord is watching out for us. Through small and simple things are great things brought to pass. You just never know how your prayers will be answered, or how you can be the means to answer someone else's prayer.

I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment