Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Slow Anxiety

This will be a big week.

It's never fun to have your child go under the knife. I remember when Jessi had an emergency surgery 3 years ago this October. Her ovary was twisted and her fallopian tube had filled with fluid. It caused her great pain, and after hours at the emergency room and being told she might have ovarian cancer, she was taken to primary's for an emergency exploratory surgery. They were able to fix the problem, and to my knowledge, she hasn't suffered from such pain since.

It's funny how you remember scenes from traumatic moments in your life. I can still picture them rolling her down the hall on a gurney toward the operating room, and she turned her head back to look at us and reached for us. She didn't understand what was happening, and we were completely helpless to take away her pain or explain what was happening to her.

This surgery is different than that one was. We've been able to prepare Kira for what the surgery is for, what will happen, how long she will stay in the hospital. After this surgery is over, Kira will no longer have the deformity that has bothered her so much over the years. We've visited with the doctor who will do the surgery, and I trust him.

This time, instead of a sharp stab of anxiety, I've had it spread over a number of days.

As uncomfortable as this is, I must admit I like it better!

2 comments:

  1. Only a few days to go! I have you all in my prayers. Tell Kira I wish her luck and send my love!

    ReplyDelete