Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 2: Seizures are camera shy.

So, here we are, day 2.  No seizures.

Did I mention that she had 5 seizures in 24 hours, from Monday night to Tuesday night?  Bad timing.  The nurses are even saying seizures are camera shy.  They're telling me about one patient they knew of who stayed in the hospital for 10 days, went home, and had a seizure that night.  Seriously.  God forbid!

I would absolutely hate to subject Jessi (and all of the people who are going out of their way to help us) to this and not get the data we need out of it.  How horrible!  All of her "signs" and "predictors" of seizures have disappeared too.  Every time I think she might be getting distant and disconnected, she breaks out in giggles and her eyes brighten.  *sigh*

This situation is so odd.  Who would have ever thought that her spontaneous giggles would be even remotely upsetting? 

These cute pics (with the white hat) were taken yesterday.  Now, if I'd been smart, I would have taken a pic of Jessi with each of her visitors.  Maida came last night, and Grandma came today, and I didn't pull out the camera either time. 

Grandma brought these bright, happy yellow flowers!

Here's a picture of her in a new "hat".  She sleeps with her blanket pulled up over her head, and she did enough tossing last night that they needed to re-bandage her head to keep the electrodes on.  Love the purple hearts!  :)

She asked about going home today.  Breaks my heart.  I told her we would go home on Wednesday, September 8.  So hoping for before that!  She is now at 1/3 her regular medication dose.  If this decrease doesn't make a difference, my suspicions that the meds aren't really working anyway might just be confirmed...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I should pray for a seizure, because I know how hard it is on her and you, but I really hope something happens to make your visit worth it and that they can figure out what's going on.

    ReplyDelete