Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 4

Had lots of visitors on day 4, but none of them were seizures.

First, Jessi's friend Karissa came.  She was Jessi's peer tutor in high school, and now she is working with Jessi again in the transition academy. Karissa stayed for quite a while.  She shared our Sunday services with us, then watched Jessi while I took a much needed walk in the sunshine.

A couple of sweet women came to our room, shared a prayer with us, then taught Jessi a primary lesson from the Friend.  She did a good job with the lesson!  Then, a couple of Elders came and shared the Sacrament with us.  There was such a sweet spirit here, I couldn't help but cry.

2 of Jason's brothers, Tim and James, came to visit us as well.  It was great to see them both!  We don't see them often enough!  Tim's son, Sean, came with them, and took advantage of the game cube in the family room down the hall.  :)  While Tim and James were still here, Jason and Russ came up.  They just got out of church, and they brought with them many expressions of love and concern from ward members.  We truly live in the most wonderful ward!  I have been amazed at how supportive and loving our ward has been!  They have made sure our house is functioning without me.  They've arranged car pools and meals.  Today, someone from our ward is going over to our house to check our dryer, which is on its last legs and decided to stop working for me the morning I left for the hospital.  I feel so blessed to live next to so many wonderful people!  I hope I can be as helpful to them as they have been to me.

Speaking of helpful, one of our long-time friends took Kira to stay with her for the weekend!  Thanks so much, Cindi!  I'm sure Kira had much more fun with you than she would have had sitting at home waiting for us to drag her back to the hospital!  And I'm sure Russell had a lot more fun sitting at home alone!  :)

Bill and Myrna--more long-time friends--came last night and sat and talked with us for a couple of hours.  Myrna is involved in South Salt Lake's arts council, so we had lots of stuff to swap!  Here is another couple who has a very full life, but they are willing to help and share others whenever they can.

I am amazed by how wonderful people are.  I don't know how people do all the things they do.  I try not to play the comparison game, because I know that we all have our individual trials, strengths, and weaknesses.  I have had so many people say to me that they are impressed with me and everything that I handle.  Well, you haven't seen me break down recently, then!  I feel like there are so many things I should be doing that I'm not.  There is so much to be done, and my abilities so often fall short of my requirements.  The list of people I admire is so long!  And deep down, we all feel inadequate.  We all struggle.  We all are grateful for every kind word, supportive gesture, and act of kindness we receive.

So, on day 4, we received a lot of love and support!  Thank you all so much!  

No comments:

Post a Comment