Little Women has been running through my mind today. Perhaps because of everything that's going on with Jessi. Perhaps because I have been so blessed by so many people in my life. (Jason and I went out running errands this evening, trying to get as much done as possible before tomorrow. We came home to a gift from someone in our ward--lasagna, french bread, salad, cookies. And they didn't even sign up to bring us dinner--they just wanted to.)
I feel a keen sense of gratitude for my husband, unlike anything I've felt for him before now. Not sure how to explain it. After 20 years, he's never meant more to me than he means right now. It's truly astonishing.
I hope that someday, I'll be able to play Marmee in Little Women. I know, there are many mature women who would love to play this part, and it will probably never happen for me. If it never does, it's just as well. I'm not sure I could get through my favorite song without crying. I feel that here, in my adversity, I am more aware than ever of my blessings. That opposition in all things must be true. :)
I want to play Marmee because I love her view of life. I love her sensitivity and her determination. There are parts of me that relate to Jo (the author), but with the experience that life has brought me, I relate with Marmee more. Marmee inspires me.
I looked for a good you tube performance of this song, but wasn't satisfied. If you have the soundtrack to Little Women, listen to this one again. It doesn't parallel exactly with my situation, but the feeling behind it does. Bring tissues.
I share this from my Days of Plenty.
I never dreamed of this sorrow,
I never thought I'd have reason to lament,
I hoped I'd never know heartbreak,
How I wish I could change the way things went!
I wanted nothing but goodness,
I wanted reason to prevail,
Not this bare emptyness.
I wanted Days of Plenty.
But I refused to feel tragic,
I am aching for more than pain and grief.
There has got to be meaning,
Most of all when a life has been so brief.
I have got to learn something,
How can I give her any less?
I want life to go on.
I want Days of Plenty
You have to Believe,
There is reason for Hope.
You have to Believe
That the answers will come.
You can't let this defeat you.
I won't let this defeat you.
You must fight to keep her there,
Within you!
So Believe that she matters!
And Believe that she always will!
She will always be with you!
She'll be part of the days you've yet to fill!
She will live in your bounty!
She will live as you carry on your life!
So carry on,
Full of Hope,
She'll be there,
For all your Days of Plenty
No comments:
Post a Comment