Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Killing the Rat

No, I didn't have to kill a real rat today, just a pack rat. (But I got your attention, eh?) I started going through piles and piles of papers today. I made tons of progress, but I've still got so far to go! I cleaned out two drawers in my file cabinet and threw two boxes full of papers into the recycle bin. I've still got one more drawer in the filing cabinet and I've got a box and a half full of stuff left to shred. That'll take a while.

I also started going through a bunch of photos, but that will probably be a project for another day. I get so nostalgic looking at pictures. I remember so much more than the event the picture depicts. All the emotional stuff comes back from that time. 2006 was a particularly hard year in our family, and looking at those pictures brought back so much of it, I wanted to cry. Then, I looked at pictures from Birdie and from our recent family photo op, and I want to jump for joy. Then I wonder if I would be so happy now if I hadn't been so miserable then.

I'm not sure what to do with all these pictures. The thought of scrapbooking all of it just makes me exhausted. I've also got so many duplicates that I probably should throw some of the photos away. I just hate to do that. See, still a pack rat at heart. Some things you just don't get rid of quickly. If at all. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Keep going! I love the progress reports, it makes me want to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed by you! That's a huge undertaking, and you're tackling it like a professional! Great job!

    ReplyDelete