Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Saturday, July 5, 2008

USA

While watching the fireworks last night, I couldn't help but imagine how different the scene would have been if those explosives had been falling instead of exploding in the sky. My brother-in-law is in the Army, and I'm so proud of him. I know that our country doesn't do everything right. I know we mess up on a huge scale once in a while, but the ideal we fight for is right. Freedom is the point of it all. I marvel at the fact that I have the freedom to learn what I want to learn and try what I want to try--learn from my experiences and my good and bad choices. The fact that I and my fellow citizens have self-determination is wonderful and miraculous, and worth fighting for.

I'm so grateful to those who fight to maintain my freedom. I'm grateful that they fight for the ideal. I'm even grateful for the politicians who try to work things out so that I can pursue my happiness, even though they mess up occasionally. We may be headed for even harder times, but I still believe in the ideal. And I still believe there are Americans all over the world who believe in it too.

God bless the USA and each of her citizens! And bless every man, woman, and child who longs for freedom.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love you Amy! We are truely blessed to live in a county where, for the most part, we get to realize our dreams, and share our joys with the people we love.

    ReplyDelete