Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Friday, September 5, 2008

A Trip to the Temple

Today was our Stake Temple Day. I've been planning on going for a month, and when I worked on my schedule for September, I made sure to let people know that I wouldn't be at work today, I'd be at the temple. I ironed my clothes this morning, got everything ready, took the kids to school and drove up to the city. I searched for a parking space for 10 min., then walked to the recommend desk. My recommend had expired. In May.

I learned a few things from this experience--

1. If I had been going to the temple every month like I'm supposed to, I would have fixed this before it became a problem and I would have been able to attend Stake Temple Day, which I love.
2. There is a difference between being worthy and being qualified. (This makes me sad. I'm worthy of all kinds of things that I'm really not qualified for.)
3. People with the proper authority can see our worthiness and help us gain qualification. I can (and will) go to the temple soon--right after a simple, five minute interview with the bishop and the stake president.
4. I don't want that to happen to me in the Eternities--I don't want to be denied access to any of my righteous desires because I left something undone. Therefore, I'm not going to let that happen!
5. I love cool mornings and clear skies and bright sunlight. I also love where I live. I am grateful, grateful, grateful.

Though I am sad that I didn't get to go into the temple today, I prayed for many people during the few minutes that I was in the waiting room. I wrote down some names of people that I'm concerned about so that other temple patrons could pray for them too. I left the temple thoughtful, worshipful, grateful, and more determined to do what I need to so that I can go back. And go every month. It was a good temple experience.

God wastes nothing. Neither should I.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the disappointment! One thing I am grateful for is a person doesn't need an appointment, so as soon as you have your recommend renewed you can just go and you don't have to wait until the next Stake Day. It's fantastic! Glad you made the most of the experience.

    ReplyDelete