Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Funny kids

I was teaching my fiction writing class this morning and we were coming up with possible conflicts for a character who loves to play Rock Band on an Xbox 360. We decided the character must go to stay with an aunt or uncle for the summer, and his parents said he couldn't take the game system. Then, we discussed things that could go wrong if the character found a way to bring an Xbox after all.

I said, "What if the aunt is Amish? What do you know about the Amish?"
A student raised his hand. "They don't have TVs or cars and they make their own butter," he smirked.

Maybe it was the way he said it, or the fact that I wasn't anticipating it, but it was funny. The Amish are known for making their own butter....

No comments:

Post a Comment