Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Friday, September 12, 2008

What a day! (warning, rant in progress)

Yesterday was one for the record books. Wow! Here's the lowdown.

Jessi: Jessi had a really hard day yesterday! She had a hard time getting up and I rushed her out the door before she was ready. About an hour after school started, her teacher called me to let me know that Jessi needed a change of clothes for feminine reasons. I brought the clothes out, and when I got there, the teacher informed me that she thought that Jessi should go home and shower because she smelled. I would have done that, but I had to teach that morning. I changed her and made sure she was as clean as toilet paper could get her, and planned to shower her after school. (These are just the gruesome details of our lives. *sigh*)

I went to work--I substituted in the library yesterday as well as teaching my regular load in the computer lab. It was a bit crazy and I ran from one thing to another all day, just at work. In the middle of one of my classes, I got a phone call, which I ignored. They called again. I ignored it again. When they called a third time, I knew I had better pick up. I excused myself from my class and found out that Jessi had endured a seizure. It wasn't a terrible one--about 30 sec long--but she had hit her head on her desk and the campus policeman had decided a call to paramedics was necessary. She didn't need to be transported to the hospital, and they needed me to sign a release form. When they couldn't get a hold of me, they called Jason, who picked up right away. Since he couldn't come to the school at that time either, he had to give permission to the police officer to sign the release forms instead. *sigh*

When I was able to pick Jessi up at the end of the day, she was still talking about going to the hospital. In the past, whenever she has had a visit from the paramedics, she's ended up in the hospital after a lovely (and expensive) ambulance ride. Since things didn't go according to history, she was upset. Really upset. When she got home, she went on a tirade and slammed doors, hit walls, and screamed until she was exhausted enough to lay on her bed and take a nap. I have learned that it does no good to interfere with these tantrums. I just have to hope she doesn't break anything or hurt herself while she lets all that energy out. Luckily, there were no injuries.

Later that night, she had a grand mal seizure. The worst one she's had in a while. I cleaned her up and sent her to bed. Not much I could do. *sigh*

Maida: Since Maida goes to school with Jessi, she was right there to witness it all, or at least some of it. Maida was in her anatomy class when her teacher came into the room stating that one of the special ed kids had a seizure and the paramedics were there. Maida knew instantly that it was Jessi, and she went to find out if everything was okay and to try to help. Luckily, she found out that everything was fine. They wanted her to sign the release form, but since she's not 18, she couldn't. She's the reason why they called Jason.

There is another student in Brighton special ed who's name is also Jessi. Apparently, she went for a little walk yesterday and didn't tell anyone where she was going. The choir teacher heard that Jessi was missing, and called Maida, thinking that Maida's sister was the one missing. Again, Maida's heart was in her throat. She was relieved to find out it wasn't her sister who was missing, but it still wasn't a good situation. After the assembly, Jessi (the one who was missing) showed up in the classroom like nothing had happened. On top of it all, Maida spent 12 hours at the school yesterday, taking care of school, Jessi, and rehearsing for various theatrical projects. The poor thing got home and fell asleep.

Saturn: Remember the car problems I moaned about a while ago? Well, they aren't getting fixed any time soon. About a month ago, we were informed that we need a new engine. Now, the whole reason we took the car in in the first place was because the oil light and the engine light kept going on. The first time we took it in, it had a bunch of things wrong with it--hence the 1300 cost--but they did a bunch of work relating with the oil pan and gasket, so we thought it was fine. Then, the oil light went on and the car died suddenly. We found out that the oil pump wasn't working, so our engine had seized. There's no bringing this engine back from the dead. Since they told us everything was fine, we assumed everything was fine. Hmm.

A few days ago, someone at Saturn actually looked at our case and admitted that we had a good point--they were at fault, and they would see what they could do. Yesterday, Jason got a call and they offered us a 650 dollar credit toward a new engine. Of course, we'll have to come up with the remaining 2 grand. Our engine is dead because of them and they want us to spend another 2 grand to deal with their mistake?! We're out a functioning car because they didn't do their job. I want them to give me a functioning car. So, we're going over his head. Then, over his head. I hope it won't come to a lawsuit, but maybe that's what we'll have to do. Better Business Bureau will be informed, for sure. Makes me crazy.

*sigh*

At least today has been better so far. It's almost 11 and I haven't had a phone call yet...

2 comments:

  1. You poor, poor woman! What a day is right! Hopefully things went better for you today.
    It was so great seeing you on Tuesday. I wish I could see all of you wonderful people more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Amy, what a day! I'm so sorry things were so crazy/scary/nuts/unpredictable/messy!! Know you are loved SOO very much; we will certainly keep you in our prayers, and let you know that any time you want to come for dinner, lunch, breakfast, cheesecake - you are most welcome!!

    ReplyDelete