Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Friday, July 11, 2008

auditions

So, yesterday, I had my first audition sans Jason. It was strange. I've always thought of theater as his hobby and something that I did mainly to be with him. After doing four shows--the most recent of which I had a really good part in--I've decided maybe this is something I like all by myself. :)

I was terrified. But, I didn't forget the words in my audition piece, and they had me read for a couple of different roles in different accents. (Thanks, Kate, for the Scottish!) I have callbacks tonight. We'll see.... It is nice to know I did this one by myself, for myself, at a theater I've never worked at, with people I've never worked with. I actually like callbacks. I feel like I've already made a good first impression, so I've got a bit more wiggle room, I guess.

Here's to breaking legs!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Way to go, Amy. I'm proud of you for auditioning on your own -- I've been there and it's scary, but you'll get to know the other cast members soon enough.

    Break a leg at callbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The audition was for Nunsense. I put that I would take a part only and not be in the chorus. So, I may not end up in the show. I'm up for Mother Superior and Sister Hubert. I'll probably post about callbacks tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete