Life Keeps Rolling On

Life Keeps Rolling On

Monday, July 14, 2008

No Nunsense

So, I never wrote about callbacks because I was hoping to have some definitive news. They were supposed to post the cast list tonight. They haven't yet. I also haven't received a call.

I put on my audition form that I wouldn't take a chorus role. They didn't call me at all, so I figure they don't need me. *Sigh*

It's really okay though. With The Quest and with everything I'm trying to get done with what's left of my summer, I'm certainly busy enough. There are many more important things than theater. Plus, by the time I can't play the role of Mother Superior, I won't want to.

Taylorsville is auditioning for Honk on Saturday. It's a bit tempting, but I'd want the role of Ida--the mother duck--or nothing. Am I a Diva, or what? I'm not going to audition. It was probably a blessing that I didn't get Nunsense. It was worth auditioning anyway. What more can I ask for?

3 comments:

  1. I see you figured out how to link on the side... I got back from vaca and was going to show you and now I don't have to!! Way to go! And hey if they have not cast the show yet, and there is not a published cast list the casting is not over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the role. What a bummer.
    I don't think you're a diva! You're a busy mother who needs to be selective about which roles you take, since it means time away from your family.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a diva. I'm sure the directors really appreciate that you're honest up front about the parts you'd take. You have a life and you are allowed to have some say in how it plays out (no pun intended)! But since they haven't posted the cast list yet, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've long since learned I can only expect the unexpected when it comes to casting...

    ReplyDelete