Just thought I would update on the past two days. We went to Lagoon yesterday with the kids, as planned. It was a great deal of fun, but Jason and I realized that we aren't as young as we used to be. Got way tired way too quick. We rode Wicked. LOVED IT! I lost my prescription glasses. Super bummed. We left three of the kids at Lagoon and went to Mark's viewing, then went back to Lagoon and picked everyone up. It was an odd dichotomy... Oh, and I got sunburned.
Today, we went to the funeral. It was a really moving experience. We spent the rest of the day with family, and it was great to see that no matter how different we all are--different religions, different interests, backgrounds, etc--we still love and miss each other. I just got home at 10:00 tonight. We've already made plans to get together on the 20th, and again at the end of August. Jason is still at his brother's house, playing with the boys. It's been a while since Jason did that. There were a few arguments among some of the siblings, I guess. A heated religious discussion between one of the agnostic brothers and one of the LDS brothers. If that happens again tonight, Jason probably won't get home until the wee hours of the morning. I can't sleep well alone, but I know Jason needs this time. It's awesome.
Amazing how difficult experiences pull us together.
What a week!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I found your blog! I'll link you... if you don't mind.
:) I look forward to seeing you soon!